Salty or sweet licorice as long as it's Black I've loved it since childhood. This blog for www.marinamarket.com will review Dutch licorice from Holland as well as German, Danish,Norwegian Finnish licorice & Chocolate bars. Grocery items from Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Holland, Indonesia -the world inclusive-will be reviewed. Brands include Toro, Honig,Conimex, Maggi,Knorr,Ferrero Kinder. Come inside and take a look! Home of The Licorice Shrine seen on KING5 Evening Magazine
Recipe for Baked Camembert Cheese with Bonne Mamon Blackberry and Bacon
What does “Bonne Maman” mean?
Bonne Maman translates to mean “Grandmother” or “Granny”. The brand is aptly named as the preserves and jellies are made from the best natural ingredients found in your (or your Grandmother’s) kitchen, using the same traditional recipe since the brand began. The Pacific Northwest is famous for Blackberries if you don't have fresh or fresh frozen Bonne Mamon is a good pinch hitter, here is a recipe.
Baked Camembert Cheese with Blackberry Preserves and Bacon
3. Place puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface and roll to an even ¼" thickness. Use a bowl flipped down on its rim as a stencil to make a perfect circle (Roughly 10-12" circumference). Save the scraps.
4. Top the Camembert with a few tablespoons of Bonne Maman Blackberry Preserves, and sprinkle bacon crumbles on top.
5. Drape the puff pastry over the top of the cheese and flip over (so bacon and preserve side is facing down)
6. Fold dough up and over sides of cheese, pleating it neatly on top to enclose the cheese.
7. Gently brush egg wash under dough pleats and pinch dough together in the center to seal gathered pleats.
8. Use the extra puff pastry to braid a long strip to wrap around the top perimeter. Cover the seam with small hand-cut leaves if the design is desired.
9. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place wrapped cheese wheel on the prepared baking sheet and brush evenly with egg wash. Bake until pastry is crisp and golden brown all over, 25 to 35 mins. If you desire a more golden top, turn on the broiler for the last 1-2 mins. Let rest 5-8 mins before serving. Drizzle honey and on top and garnish with fresh rosemary sprig.
The secret of Bonne Maman Preserves and Jellies is simple – our ingredients. Made from the same time-honored traditional French recipes used to create the brand, our preserves and jellies are made with natural ingredients and feature only the finest quality fruit.
Bonne Maman Preserves and Jellies, produced in France, are Non-GMO Project Verified, have no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial coloring or no preservatives added. Everything in Bonne Maman Preserves and Jellies could easily be found in your Grandmother’s kitchen cabinet.
Our iconic wide mouth jar features a handwritten style script label reflecting the simple ingredients, homemade taste that is Bonne Maman!