Saturday, April 28, 2012

BOURBON BARREL-AGED OLD RASPUTIN


TASTING NOTES:
Pours black as ink, with a huge frothy tan head. This beer looks beautiful in a glass. Huge aroma of chocolate, sweet malt, alcohol, bourbon, and wood. Complex flavors of wood, licorice, bourbon, malt and bitter hops on the finish. A great mix of salt, sweet, and bitter. Great mouthfeel and wonderful Winter Warmer feeling going down. This beer is aging very well. Tasted from the bottle @ 60F.

RATINGS: ratebeer.com | BeerAdvocate.com

MANUFACTURER DESCRIPTION:
Russian Imperial Stout aged in bourbon barrels in 500ml corked bottle. Truly an amazing beer, worth every penny.

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing you really like beer haha...I do as well, but I can't say I've tried very many of the ones you've blogged about. Centre County, PA does have some really great microbrews, so if you're ever in the area make sure you check them out! I'm following your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete