Unusual spice parings for 2010



Interesting.. This goes along with the list of Indian Spices I blogged about awhile back... So Indian fusion-I LOVE it!  Although I think Fennel and Licorice should be in here...

From Candy and Snacks Today
Published Tuesday January 12, 2010


2010 Flavors Forecast By McCormick

Sparks, MD — Bitter, warm and earthy are the key flavor notes expected to dominate developments in food products this year, according to the tenth annual McCormick & Co., Inc. Flavor Forecast.



Flavor experts at McCormick partnered with top chefs, food bloggers and other culinary professionals to classify the strong flavor combinations they state the American palate is ready to embrace.



According to the company, the top 10 flavor pairings determined to lead in 2010 are:



•Roasted ginger and rhubarb

•Thai basil and watermelon

•Caraway and bitter greens

•Bay leaves and preserved lemon

•Almond and ale

•Turmeric and vine-ripened tomatoes

•Pumpkin pie spice and coconut milk

•Roasted cumin and chickpeas

•Creole mustard and shellfish

•Chives and fish sauce.

Chris at Candy Critic posted this first

Comments

  1. Spice parings, how ingenious I just loved it. So unusual and interesting to learn from. Shall be sure to return back again soon, Thank you for sharing,
    Cheers, PT
    You can visit me at http://ptsaldari.posterous.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite is pumpkin pie spice and coconut milk--and I have both in the cupboard. I might have to experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM that sounds good on so many levels, sweet & savory!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts