Currywurst Do over- Knorr you are so good to me!

How to make a Currywurst dinner in 15 minutes.

Wash and cross cut (2" deep) 2 baking potatoes and put in microwave for 10 minutes.

In large skillet add 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil set temp to medium heat.

I used a four pack of Bavarian Meat Company Bratwurst sausages (1.4lb) and browned them in the time it took the potatoes. That 10 minutes also gave me the time to cut the zucchini and yellow squash and put it into a microwave safe covered glass bowl.

When sausage is done remove the pan from the heat, remove sausages from the pan and cut into pieces. Add 200ml (scant cup) of water to the pan. Whisk contents of package into the water, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Pour the sauce over your sausage pieces and serve.

OK so I never really follow the directions:
The way I really cooked them was like this: I left the sausages in the pan and cut them while they were still cooking into slices the size you see on the package. I let them finish while I got the water ready, took the potatoes out and put the veg into the microwave for 5 minutes. There were lots so I actually stopped it at 2 1/2 minutes and stirred then added another minute. Perfection! BTW I really like my international measurement measuring cup!.

Then I poured the currywurst mix into the water, gave it a few spins with the fork and added it to the pan. I turned the temp on the stove down to 2 stirred it up and cleaned up the measuring cup and other cooking mess.

The sauce thickened up quite nicely in about a minute. I took in off the heat and let it sit covered while I plated the split potatoes onto 3 plates I then put the currywurst with extra sauce onto the potatoes and added the veg on the side. I don't think that is traditional at all but that is what I did.

This mix is delicious! You get a slight bit of heat from the curry but the most amazing flavor component is from the smoked paprika. Wow! I am out of Smoked Paprika and admit that I never experimented with that ingredient from Spain. But now I'm being sucked in, I'll have to reorder the paprika. It tastes that good!

I added a few new blogs to the list today- check them out!

Comments

Popular Posts