Conimex spices up the Fennel tonight


Tonight's dinner was inspired by the recipes I've been reading for Fennel and Orange salad.


I used Conimex Kerrie Djawa Mild Javaanse Curry), Conimex Djintan (Cumin) , Conimex Boemboe Sate (Galangal, cumin, coriander, lemongrass, pepper), and Conimex Djahe (Ginger).


Into the rice cooker went 3 cups Jasmine rice, 5 1/2 c. water, 1 Tbs Boemboe Sate and a teaspoon of the others. Add to that a pinch of Malden's or Kosher salt and a 1 Tbs French butter. Close the lid and turn on to cook. I I also threw in abbot 4 tbs of dried cranberries.


I made the chicken the way I usually do in the saucepan and added a bit of coconut oil- about a tablespoon.

When the chicken was done I added:


2 sliced fennel bulb

2 navel oranges peels removed with knife the cut into 1 1/2" sections

1 broccoli crown sliced into thin florets

2 small zucchini cut into half moons


The chicken broth and the oranges made a nice light sauce which was nicely flavored by the fennel.

Comments

Popular Posts