Asian Home Gourmet Indian Butter Chicken Mix

Buy Indian Butter Chicken Mix here

Easy Butter Chicken (Makhani) has Moghul origins. The directions are in English. But I chose not to follow them, as usual. I cooked the chicken in my skillet. I always use the Costco frozen thighs & breasts which I place frozen in the pan and put the lid on for about 15 minutes on medium heat. After this amount of time I drain off all but about 3/4c of the chicken broth that cooks out of the frozen chicken. It's allot! At this point if the chicken is done it can be easily cut up into 'rough cubes' with no pinkness. I added a can of organic diced tomatoes, the spice packet and 3 Tbs of butter. The packet recommends cream but I didn't have any on hand .. or onions. It was still and amazing dish the tomato really lets the flavor of the butter shine through. It was rich enough without the cream. I will definitely make this again. I'd never eaten Butter chicken before but I knew it would be good not just because it is an Asian Home Gourmet mix but because people buy 4 or 5 at a time!




I also made Village Harvest Jasmine rice. I thought about making the Eastern Essence Khichdi. But I'm glad I stuck with the plain rice even though I'm craving the Khichdi because is basically a meal in itself and

Comments

Popular Posts