Chocolate Yo!

Alrighty then, time for my first review. Considering I have hundreds of chocolates to choose from, this first selection was given very little thought, but more based on what I wanted at that moment. Maybe that's an endorsement?

So I picked one of my favorite non-purist chocolates, Selskaps Sjokolade from Freia, Norway. This is considered a cooking chocolate, but since it is only 42%, it does not fall into that category for my taste.

For those of you who can read Norwegian, here is a great dessert recipe using Selskaps Sjokolade.

Now about the taste: As I stated, this really isn't a purist's chocolate due to the extra ingredients like vanillin. I have to say, it is one of my enduring favorites. Not too sweet, but sweet enough, and a very nice meaty finish. The flavor lingers more than most chocolates, and the finish is smooth and creamy.

Although slightly grainy, this bar has a really nice snap to it and a wonderful slow melt. It definitely hits my 80 plus percentile for a very enjoyable. non-pretentious bar.

Comments

  1. I tried this this chocolate for myself and it one of my favorite chocolates that I have ever tasted!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts